Diagnosed pulmonary TB. Frequent coughing. On medication. Suggested ESR test. TB and ESR co-related?

hello doctor,
My dad is suffering from Pulmonary TB which has been confirmed some three days back and he is taking medicines now. Based on X-ray initially doctor suggested that it could be pneumonia and gave medicines for that to check if the cloudy region is getting disappeared on X-ray analysis. but after a week since it looks same, doctor said that it could be Tb since cough is there for more than three weeks. And also my dad has lost nearly 5 kgs within two weeks. Doctor asked us to take ESR test and the result is as follows, 19mm for 30 mins and 47mm for 60 mins. How this ESR is correlated with TB? Now my dad is under medication. My question is during medication also will there cough, since he gets cough often. He is not getting any sputum though. and also is it advisable to give egg? please give your suggestion.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013