Diagnosed ptb upper right lobe. On medication, missed follow up checkup. Serious?

hi good day, november last year when i had my medical exam, i was diagnosed with ptb upper right lobe. So i was advised to see a doctor, she gave me prescrition to take from november until january after january she told me to come back. i did take the medicines she prescribe but unfortunately after that almost 2 months medication i did not come back until now coz it's really far from our house and im busy in my school.for the graduation.. having this disease is it serious? what will happen coz i did not come? does it make ill??i hope you can help me be the best thing to do.. thanks a lot best regards,
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi suelopmela,

Thanks for visiting HCM.

Pulmonary tuberculosis should not be neglected and must be taken care off. If you have continued your treatment then there is nothing wrong, meet your doctor and she will decrease the number of drugs which has to be taken for another 4 months.

If you have discontinued the treatment for more than 2 months, you will be subjected for two sputum examination, If it comes to be positive or if there is radiological deterioration, you will have to be put on more extensive regimen with injectable for the first two months. If sputum is negative and there is no radiological progression then you have to complete the rest of the treatment,,,.

Meet your doctor soon....

Best wishes