Diagnosed pancreatic cancer, massive heart attack which led to cardiac arrest. Little alert, but doctor says no improvement. Advice

My dad is suffering pancreatic cancer. They removed the mass and after he had 2 massive heart attacks, one leading to cardiac arrest and he coded. All his organs have failed. The family agrees on a DNR. He only has 20% of his heart working. The doctors say it would take a miracle for him to make it through. But today, he was more alert. He was awake enough to show a little response. They say this is not a sign of improvement. Is this a way of trying to fix his "unfinished business"? I didn't make it down to the hospital today. So I'm jus curious. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013