Diagnosed ovarian cyst. Robotic surgery recommended. Precautions to minimize chance of ovarian cyst torquing?

I ve been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst that is 5.6 cm. My GYN has recommended robotic surgery which I m willing to do. My insurance will cover it 100%. However, I m having difficulty getting a clearance for the surgery due to the fact that my Internist moved and another one has not been assigned. The 1st appt I can get is sometime in May for the new Internist. I m told that an Primary Care Physician/Internist needs to Clear me for surgery plus that I need a referral for surgery. What precautions should I be taking in order to minimize the chance of the ovarian cyst torquing? I had hoped to be able to fly out of state during early April for an 14 day trip. I m now wondering if that should be postponed?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013