Diagnosed of mild GERD. Gas, burping, bloated stomach, fluttery heart. Symptoms related to GERD?

The last week I have been very gasy, burping constantly and upper stomach bloating , I stopped drinking diet coke 2 days ago thinking it may be causing it but yesterday late evening i started getting what I can explain as heart fluttering almost like it misses a beat and when I burp it feels better, also lately I wake up with a nagging cough but I have never smoked a day in my life. So wanted to know what you think also yes ago I was diagnosed with GERDs but the doctor said it was mild, could that be the explanation??
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012