Diagnosed menieres after spell of vertigo, vomiting. Prescribed medication. Is this condition permanent?

Over New Years I was in the ER with my 3rd spell of vertigo ,, vomit , etc. , it was the worse in 3 months, and after MRI , CT scans,etc. I was diagnosed with menieres. Basically, they said good bye and good luck and gave me valium and some anti dizzy meds. Is this condition permanent, can it go in remission? I am frantic as I am the caregiver for my husband who had a severe stroke 10 years. ago. I am 58, generally lots of energy, not a couch potato at all. Can you give me any info,, web sites, clinical trials or expert doctors that can help me with any thing that would help. Are there any doctors that specialize with this? I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan so Michigan would be the best, but I also travel to California to help out my parents so if there is someone there that would be convenient as well. I am desperate for anything that can lower symptoms, I am now on a very low salt diet , I m not overweight but I heard salt consumption can bring on symptoms. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013