Diagnosed hypothyroidism, on Eltroxin. Has all symptoms, was treated for supraventricular tachycardia. Is this related ?

My father had been diagnosed hypothyroidism. At the time of diagnosis, he had high tsh levels with normal t3 and t4. Now, he is taking Eltroxin 50 mcg and have normal tsh levels. One thing that i can t understand is that he has all the symptoms of hyperthyroidism like alopecia, heat intolerance, weakness in lower limbs , extremely low RBC count. once he had also get treated for supraventricular tachycardia , it is one of the manifestation of hyperthyroidism but i don t know whether at that time it was associated with his thyroid or not.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012