Diagnosed for Gout, Uric acid 7.6, placed on Allopurinol. Any dietary restriction ?

Hi I m a 45year old male,a Pharmacy Technician. I ve been diagnosed with Gout two years ago, with 7.6 Uric Acid level,my first doctor placed me on Allopurinol Tablets 400mg daily. since then I m still on it but some times when i dis obeyed dietary restrictions, takes up to 600mg of the drug, have not gone for another check for Uric Acid, oly use symptoms to increase or decrease the dose.Please help especially on dietary restrictions & drug of choice. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012