Diagnosed early stage of cancer. Liver enzymes high. On symvastatin. Help?

My mother was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer in January 2012. She had a lumpectomy and finished her radiation treatments at the end of June. In May, doctors found a spot turn up on her liver via a CT scan and MRI. They didn t seem to concerned about it. My mother just got back blood test results and it indicates her liver enzymes are high (57 AST, I think) and over the course of several years, they have steadily increased to this level. Between the May and present blood tests, her Liver enzymes have doubled. I should note that she has been on symvastatin for about two years, to treat high blood pressure. Should we be concerned about anything specific? Is there any addtional information we can give the doctor that might shed some more light on the enzymes being elevated?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012