Diagnosed dilated myopathy, heart pulse increasing, difficulty in breathing, bloated belly. What is the cure?

hello. My boyfriend was diagnosed 10 years ago with dilated cardiomyopathy . when he went at the hospital , doctors told him that his heart was functioning 25 %. They have checked the heart with video camera but they did not discover the reason that caused this disease. He received medicines to help him as Kredex, Captopril, Lanoxin,Folavit, etc. 5 years ago he has checked again the heart, and the heart function reased from 25% at 50%. Starting last summer i realised that his heart pulse was starting to increase (not exagerated), during resting time on the couch the pulse was not going under 85. An other thing was that the breathing is becoming more difficult, so if he is putting the shoes on and he needs to close them after he finished doing it he needs to breath trough his mouth. So in september last year we vist his cardiologist doctor. The doctor examin the heart and told us that the heart function reased again from 50% to 66%. He could not make the effort test because during examination the doctor discovered an abdominal anevrisma. The abdominal anevrisma was solved in october last year. But i do not feel very good, when i see that he has high pulse when resting and hard breathing. I have 2 question, and i can not ask his doctor because i do not want to worry him, and i hope i can get some answers hear. 1.I ve read on internet that dilated cardiomyopathy in time is becoming from worse to worse, and that life survival after diagnose is 10 years. Is this correct in my boyfrend case? He will die? 2. In the last 2-3 months his belly got bigger. He can not understand why .It can be releated to his heart?. 3. He should make some other medical tests? Thank you for your help Dana
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013