Diagnosed chronic focal glomerulonephritis, high BP, medicine caused kidney function to worsen, headaches. Can a nephrologist be useful?

I m 42, have been diagnosed with chronic focal glomerulonephritis (age 3), have started to develop high blood pressure recently and am having difficulty keeping it regulated with medicine. The medicine typically causes my kidney function to get worse. I m also on a gout preventative. I was diagnosed with Mono in February and really haven t felt good since. I have many many headaches and an overall ill feeling. Can a nephrologist help me or is this just how it goes with this type of kidney disease?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012