Diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome. Surgery recommended. Any relief if arthritis causing nerve compression?

Hi - I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome and have had surgery recommended by a hand specialist. My symptoms are really centered in the pain in my thumb , forefinger and middle finger on my right hand. My left hand is dominant. My question has to do with the fact that I have a great deal of osteoarthritis in my right hand, the one with cps. How much relief will I have if I have the endoscopic surgery if the arthritis is causing the nerve compression? I am a 75 year old woman in good general health, and am confused as to whether to undergo the surgery if the arthritis is not address..
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013