Diagnosed as small disc herniation at l5-s1 level causing pressure over,kindly help me

diagnosed as small disc herniation at l5-s1 level causing pressure over thecal sac. hi ..i m rohan ,30 yrs age male and i have been diagnosed as small disc herniation at l5-s1 level causing pressure over thecal sac. how serious is this problem and do i need to go for some surgery or can it be cured with out surgery and how long will it take to cure off ? im working in paramilitary forces as an assistant commandant. during physical training i got injured at the back. went for mri and the report says small disc herniation causing pressure over thecal sac. what does it mean and how long it will take to recover kindly help me ?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011