Diagnosed as skin rash and dry skin. Took medicine, not cured. Started itching, bleeds after scratching. How to stop itching?

hi my husband has a skin problem and he went to a dr and they did a lot of tests on him and they said that he has a dry skin and a skin rush and gave him medicine to clear it up,but it didnt helped he struggles to get it under control and with this skin some extreme side effects occured,like very heavy itching so bad that he sometimes scratch on those effected areas so often that those itching areas is bleeding and it drives him crazy! What can he do to stop that itching and what can you recommend that will help him and what advice can you give? Please help!
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012