Diagnosed as profoundly deaf. MRI showed fluid in middle ear. Hearing aids recommended?

My daughter was diagnosed as profoundly deaf a couple of months ago. A few days ago she received Phonak Naidas and is wearing them on full volume now. Our ENT called yesterday on his way out of the office to let us know that the MRI shows a normal cochlea and nerve for possibly getting CIs next year, but then he said that MRI report says fluid in the middle ear and mastoids, but that he s not convinced and will get back to me on that. My daughter is quite loud and has a wide range of sounds for being profoundly deaf, I m wondering if maybe should could have something like Meniere s Disease and that these high powered full volumed HAs could be doing more harm than good. Would our ENT be able to tell something like that easily from an MRI scan?? Do you think I should take off here hearing aids?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012