Diagnosed as manic depression, bipolar Disorder II and borderline personality disorder. On adderall, seroquel, risperdal. Concerned

Diagnoised with Manic Depression at the age of 19, OCD, GAD . Later on I was told I have Bipolar Disorder II & Borderline Personality Disorder ( with other overlapping personality traits) and I m adult ADD. I have been on Adderall, Seroquel , Risperdal , Depokote, Lexapro... to name just a few. I m just wondering how I can be diagnoised with more than one illness?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Thanks for writing in.
I understand your concern but it is definitely possible for a person to have several co-existing disorders at the same time. These disorders often result from the same psychological factors and abnormalities in neurotransmitters. Faith in your physician and adherence to treatment are important to help you lead a healthy life.