Diagnosed Hashimoto's disease. Extreme tiredness even after having medications. Time taken for improvement in symptoms?

Hello Dr Christensen, I ve been diagnosed with Hashimoto s disease 18 days ago, counting the days I m taking each tablet of thyroxine , starting on 50 mcg. I m feeling pretty much the same, extreme tiredness most of the time, lack of energy and can only focus on the moment and task at hand . Manage to go to work each day which takes all my energy as an Exec Assistant in a top tier legal firm, but exhausted rest of the time. I am not myself, and just want to be well. How long do you estimate a noticable improvement from my ongoing symptoms? I also want to get back to the gym asap, used to go 2 to 3 times per week, but I just don t have the physical stamina and energy to cope with it. Been forcing myself to walk at least half hour at least every 2nd day, but even that is simply exhausting - but at least I m doing some form of exercise. I live on my own, and it s really tough being unwell. Can you give me some hope for recovery? With sincere thanks and appreciation for your time and assistance.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013