Diagnosed EKC, peeling of membrane required. Experiencing FBI sensation, dry eye. Reoccur if exposed to conjunctivitis?

I was diagnosed with EKC os in June requiring peeling of membrane. Continue to experience issues with FBI sensation, dry eye , sometimes pain on lower orbital bone and Chonic L ear pain only relieved by large doses of Benadryl . Perm scarring under lid. Vision seems worse but eye doc says dry eye and visual chandeliers age related. 53 yo female. Are ongoing problems sequels or unrelated? Will eye improve w time or probably plateaued. Can I get this again if exposed to conjunctivits?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013