Diagnosed E coli infection. Low oxygen levels, high body temperature. On dialysis. Have hallucination. Reason?

My aunt is going to be 70 in 2 weeks. She was diagnosed with E coli on the 18th of March when she was found non-responsive on her bathroom floor. She spent 3 days in ICU and showed great improvement. Then on the 28th she took a dive. today her oxygen is in the 80's her body temp is 92, she is hallucinating and non functioning. She is still on dialysis for 3 hours every other day. 6 days ago she could talk, feed herself and play cards, today she doesn't know who or where she is and doesn't recognize anyone. She can't hold on to a tissue. Do you have any idea what could cause all of this? Is it possible that it is some kind of poisoning?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013