Diagnosed APD, anemia, hypertension. low heamoglobin, gastric ulcers. Prescribed orefer XT, polybion, admax, pan. Passes dark stools. Advise?

Hi, my mother is 62 yrs old and she was diagnosed as a case of APD, Anemia , Post Bilateral TKR, Hypertension and was treated accordingly. Her Haemoglobin count was also down to 4.5 and she recieved blood transfusion . She also has gastric ulcers . Now post her hospitalization she still has genral weakness and she is prescribed to take Tab Orefer XT, Polybion, Admax, Pan 40 mg, all once daily and Heaem up (syrup) twice 5 ml. Now the problem is she continuous to pass dark stool (stool with blood), is this natural or should I be concerned about this. The doctor asked me to stop all the medicines and given good diet for fast recovery, not sure what s happening, please advise.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012