Diagnosed ADHD. Aderal dose not working. Any alternative medicine?

Hello my name is christina. I am writing out of concern for a dear friend.He was diagnosed with ADHD Now his Dr prescribed him aderal and he explained that he didnt think it was working and the Dr just kept upgrading the dose each time He is currently on 650 mi of it which he know isnt write and its still not working Now he has gone to other dr s and they havent really given him any other options and are accusing him of being an addict which unfortunately true but not his fault but a bad practioner he cannot function or work without some kind of help he knows he has to wing himself of ths but to what can anyone suggest of a very educated,competent, empathetic, and so on a good dr that can give him a little more knowledge and different med that can work
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013