Diabetic,itchy boils on ankle,prescribed dazit tabs

My husband is diabetic aged 45 yrs... he has developed water filled 6-7 boils in his left ankle , it does not burn or pain but itches sometimes....he is asked to take dazit tablet ..
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Dec 2013
After reading your history it appears that your husband has developed simple folliculitis. These areas are very prone for getting secondary infection specifailly in diabetics.

You can apply an antibiotic cream such as gentamycin cream. Antibiotic tablets are must such as ciprofloxacin or cefadroxil under medical advise. You can take pain killers tablets such as paracetamol or diclofenac. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly.

Do not worry he will be alright soon. I advise you specifically to not pinch or pop the area and keep his sugar level in control.