Diabetic with irregular EKG and pulse. History of heart attack. Normal BP. Nuclear stress test to be done

I went to the cardiologist last week for an irregular EKG and he said it showed an old heart attack which is common in diabetics. I have been having an irregular phulse on and off and nervous feeling in my chest. That feeling has become more frequent and prevents me from falling asleep at frequently in the past week. I also get the symptoms during the day. My echo was normal and I am waiting on insurance approval for nuclear stress test. I don't know if I should be going to the ER when these symptoms start. My bp is normal at those times.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013