Diabetic with gall bladder stones. Asked to watch out for abdominal pain. Is this the way to detect the gall stones?

My father,70 years old and a diabetic was suspected to have gallstones accdg to gallbladder ctscan which the doctor admits is not really accurate to detect gallstones... They told him to just observe if he will have abdominal pains then they will remove the stones by operation. Is there another way to detect gallstones? And other means to remove them without operation because as I mentioned ...he is a diabetic... Is laser an option?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013