Diabetic, thyroid tests indicate balance hyperthyroidism, advised to wait before treatment. Cause?

I am a Diabetic. My HBA 1C is 7.0 and has been +/- 0.5 within this range past 4-5 years. My Thyroid tests have shown, in the past 2- years, a pattern close to the results of my most recent test below:(tested 4 days ago) FT3= 2.02 FT4= 0.94 TSH = 10.4 My diabetologist , whom I saw 2 yrs back termed a somewhat similiar result as balanced hyperthyroidism and advised I wait a while before beginning treatment. What do the above (latest) thyroid figures indicate? .
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012