Diabetic taking glimepiride. Having stomach aches. History of diverticulosis, sigmoid resection. Do I need to go for colonoscopy?

I am diabetic, take glimepiride 1 mg a day, and am 58 years old. My A1c is usually below 6 or around there. Lately I have gotten stomach aches after eating coca-roasted almonds... is that a sign of a deteriorating diabetes condition? I also have diverticulosis and had to have a sigmoid resection in 2009, after my initial episode of diverticulitis that would not be cured with antibiotics for a very long period of time (6 months). I am concerned that my digestive tract is not good... I am also experiencing lower abdominal cramping all the way across my lower colon area, and it concerns me as I know my diverticulosis is present throughout my colon. I suppose I need another colonoscopy , but the surgeon who did the colectomy said I didn t need one for 10 years... ? I am also overweight by about 60 lbs.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012