Diabetic taking Glyburide. Sensitive to other brands. Medication not available. What to do?

Hi Doctor, My father has diabetes and uses pills. He is using specific brand of Glyburide which is Canadian brand and it is Apo-Glyburide (Apotex company). he is sensitive to other brand Glyburide. Now he is in trouble to find this specific brand in my country. I tried to buy these pills from Canada, but they are asking for prescription and don t accept my country prescription. I was wondering if you help me and tell me waht can I do.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012