Diabetic, partially blind, had no resistance after injecting Lantus, suspicion of injecting air. What should be done?

I am a 42 year old male, Type 1 Diabetic. I am partially blind and was drawing up my nightly dose of Lantus , 50 units. I thought the syringe was full & injected it into the fatty tissue of my abdomen . After realizing there was no resistance I am concerned I just injected 50 units of air in my belly. The Lantus vial was empty. What should I do? Should I go to the ER? Could I get an air embolus from this? Thank you David
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012