Diabetic, overweight, have fever, swollen feet and legs with redness, normal blood and urine tests. Advice?

I am diabetic ( insulin dependent), overweight , have been running a temp of over 100 degrees for last 4-5 days, was out of town in New Braufels, texas and family insisted that I go to ER . They did urine test and blood test and found no infection. was told it was probably a viral something. Continue to have the temp at least once during the day. Also my feet and legs are swollen and my legs from the midcalf to the ankle are BRIGHT red and sore to the touch. I have no energy and have slept most of the day.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012