Diabetic, on medicines, have foot pain due to corn, advised surgery. What kind of treatment or care should be taken?

Respected sir, My mom is an diabetic patient since 2 years. She take medicine every day. Now recently from last one month she is suffering from some pain on her feet . We visited one doctor(he is general surgeon ). He said that is corn and need to do surgery and remove that corn. We are affraid to get surgery because - mom is an diabetic patient. As per advice of now friends she started using corn caps. Is corn cap suggestable for mom are not. What kind of remedy or care we need to take care. Please advice us sir. We are aggressively in need of your advice. Thanks you sir.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012