Diabetic, on Metride, have severe body itching. Could this be due to side effect of medicines?

this is regarding my mother.......she is been diabetic for almost 6-7years now and she is currently on medication Tab METRIDE 1 (combination of Glimepirida-1mg and Metformin Hydrochloride-500mg) BD for alsmost 2 years now.The problem is that she is been having icthness all over her body since then (not sure if its from taking this medications ).She has seen many doctors but noone could find the reason for this..Can someone please help regarding this and tell me if there is any such adverse reaction with this medication. thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012