Diabetic, on Metformin. Decreased appetite, weight loss, bitter taste in mouth, constant pain in right legs. Should change medicines ?

I Have been diagosed as a dibectic and was put on 500 miligams of Metformin . My appetite decreased and I lost 26 pounds in three months. My mouth gets a bitter taste and I have no desire to eat. My doctor has now taken me off of metformin. I am just watching my diet . My right leg is in constant pain. Do I need to be on Meds for type two diabetes? I am exercising and eating right to turn the diabetes around. Why didn t my Dr. put me on another medication? I am scare to eat. Thanks,
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013