Diabetic, not dependent on unsulin or medicines, tests showed high blood sugar level. What can be done?

Yes. I rec d a call from a friend in a rural county. She is a type 2 diabetic (non-insulin; non-meds). Her blooks sugar is 380. I suggested she call her physician and/or go to an ER. She is frightened to travel 1 hour to the Er I suggest 1) take blood sugra test by monitor; 2) frink water; 3) eat 1 cup cottage cheese and 4) re-take blood sugar level. What else can she do? thank you. Gracious Palmer 530-510-1785 YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012