Diabetic, high BP, took labetalol, getting numerous side effects. Should i continue the same?

my husband went to the hospital back in December due to extremely high blood pressure. he is already on a few blood pressure medicines. when he was admitted, before being discharged, they gave him a script to start on Labetalol. since then, he has had numerous side effects. my husband has type 2 diabetes. should he be taking this medicine or should the hospital even prescribed this medicine for him knowing he has diabetes?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013