Diabetic, having swelling in feet, lower sugar level, weakness. Precautions and treatment to be taken?

Hello Doctor, My mother is suffering from diabetes for more than six years. These days some swelling is found in her foot .When blood sample is tested creatinine level is found 1.9. Her main problem is that in regular intervals of 2 or 3 days her sugar level lows down to near 50. At that time she feels herself very weak. She is taking insulin since 2 years. This time during day 5 units and during night 10 units. She is also suffering with heart disease. Please guide me about her precautions and treatment
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012