Diabetic, having pain in the leg. Taking nerve pill for pain relief. Advised by doctor to stop taking the pill. Suggestions?

Hi,my name Lynda from Bristol,Tn. I have diabetes ,also I have 13 bad disc in my back.I started having a different pain in my feet and up my legs as time went on,now I have a question,I told my doctor that after I take a nerve pill that I don t only get some pain relief from my back but also in my feet and legs.I take (1)one nerve pill a day and thats the most relieve I get all day.I m not on pain medicine,because my doctor doesn t write them,he will only refer to pain medicine.I surfer a lot but can t afford to go there.My doctor tried me on neurontin 100mg,it helped my lower leg and feet pain however,I was pitching to the right when I walked,not all the time but on the daily basis and when I called them he said for me to quit taking it.I can t take Lyica because it turns me into (sorry)but a real bi---. I take lexapro and they tried to change that to lyica and it just wasn t for me. I suffer from the time I get up until I go to sleep....Please help I don t know where to turn and between the hip and leg pain from my back and now the pain from having diabetes and it affecting my legs,I am almost over the top. When I told my doctor that he looked at me like I was crazy... Is it possible the nerve pill helping the pain I m having or am I imagining this..I don t think I m crazy but with all this pain..I really don t know! ( I had back surgery 12 years ago,I ve only been a diabetic for (2)two years,the medication i m on is metformin 500mg and lexepro 20mg) Thanks and Have a good day
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012