Diabetic, having lumps on face and body. No relief with medications. Changed night insulin. Solution?

Hi I am a female aged 39. I have been a diabetic for 20 years, diagnosed at age 19. After I got married at age 21, I started getting lumps on mum face and body - during the night, but by morning it would disappear. It listed for about 3 months and stopped. Treatment consisted of aterax and zytec. this condition came back almost 12 years later and i controlled it with Telfast. It has come back now for the past 8 months and the severity has increased. My eyes,lips and body is covered with red lumps which sometimes get hot and burn . my sleep is disturbed and I can t leave my home on somedays. I have seen a Dermatologist who changed my night insulin from Lantus to Levemir . There has been no change. I am at a loss as to what to do as the zytec doesn t work very well at the moment - I still wake up scratching and by morning I have huge welts covering a large part of my body. Any information will be very welcome. Regards Nasreen Essack
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012