Diabetic having cholesterol problem, behaving like absent minded, no body balance. What to do?

Its my father (58yrs) who is behaving very differently from past 2 weeks. He has diabetes from 7-8 years and also cholestrol problem, but recently he is pretending as if he is going insane. He would ask if he ate or not. He is not able to keep his body balance and keeps trpping or swing like a drunkard. He behaves like an absent minded person. Sometimes he bahaves as if he is zapped or is in coma . Just a year back he used to take ketamin injections and he did that for almost a year. Now I fear if he has started it again after a gap of a year or is it a serious health problem or is he just pretending. Please suggest me what should I do? I have done the lipid profile and glyco test for sugar. Both are at the verge of high.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012