Diabetic, have watery discharge from the toe wound, used saline for cleaning. Used betadine ointment, taken medicines. Suggestion?

Actually my husband is a diabetic patient and he is injured in his right thumb leg. It seems to have puss in that injured portion. We have removed his nail and the sugar content is 145. we are taking medicines and beta dine ointment was being applied to that portion for the past ten days with the aid of a doctor nearby. Right now fluid like water is propelling from the top of his wound and it is not puss.Today we have cleaned it with saline . Please provide us a kind advice and the proper way of treatment for this. We are very much frieghtened. Hoping for your answer. With regards, S.Latha.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012