Diabetic, have constant pain on the tip of toes. Nerve ends dying?

Hi, I have a question about the tip of my toes (this applies to the toe next to my big toe and the one next down in size), i have been experiencing pain which is not dissimilar from when you have worn shoes which are too small, but my shoes are not too small may i add and it is a constant pain when pressure is applied to them ie walking?? I have just read something about nerve ending maybe dying could this be the case?? alos i have been diabetic nearly 30 years hence why i was concerned with the nerve ending maybe dying!! Although my diabetes has been well controlled over the years, could you give me an explaination and i know this must be difficult without seeing them - also note there are no marks lumps etc
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013