Diabetic, have a long standing foot wound, red line extending to ankle, fever and chills. Emergency?

My friend has a long standing foot wound from diabetes . He did not shower for two weeks for some reason, and now has a red line approx 4 inches going up the inside of his ankle. I have told him that he probably has blood poisoning and could potentially die. He will not seek medical attention. He has fever and chills. He just started taking flagyl and some levaquin that was someone else s leftover meds! I am really upset with him. My question is... What will he go thru and when will he fall unconscious so I can call the ambulance to come get him?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013