Diabetic, has copd, had colon cancer, takes <br>VA. Swollen legs and feet with little bubbles. Any solution ?

My husband is diabetic, has copd , had colon cancer . He goes to the VA as that is the only medical he has along with his medicare . His legs from the knees to his feet are very swollen. He can not lay down as then his copd makes it very hard to breathe. The doctor said there is nothing that can be done about his swelling....however his legs and feet where they are swollen are extremely dry, it almost looks like they are covered with little bubbles that look kind of like scales. I just want to know if there is someway to remove the dry skin and keep it from coming back. He is 66 years old.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013