Diabetic, had an episode of tiredness followed by extreme lightheadedness, profuse sweating, vomiting. What could be the cause?

Today I was at a friends house and i was feeling tried so I was about to go home, I knew something wasnt right and i wasnt feeling well, then very rapidly I began to feel extremely light headed like my body couldnt function and began to sweat very excessively( I was drenched) i grabbed a juice and began sipping on it will laying down I was coherent but uinwilling to talk, I begave to feel extremely overheated and i needed ice, my friend helped me up, which was extremely difficult for me, to bring me to a shower i made it 20 feet before i started puking like crazy once everything was out of my stomach i immediately came to and felt fine, I am type 1 diabetic, my blood pressure was perfect and my sugar was 237 taken by paramedics right after, Why did this happen?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012