Diabetic, had a fall, flesh scar seems to be healed. X-ray showed no healing, have numbness, hardens on gentle exercises. Normal?

I fell inside a boat and broke my right femur on the 16/11/2012 whilst on holidays overseas and was flown to Singapore for my operation. I now have a titanum plate and 12 screws in place. Although the flesh scar has healed, but unfortunately on the 7/1/2013 xrays showed that the bone is not healing . I am 56yrs old Female with diabetics and weigh aroud 80kg in a 5 2 frame. OS strictly instructed NWB for 2 months. However, since I returned to Australia, the local OS here has introduced 50% weight bearing on 7/1/2013 but I am not comfortable with his decision as my bone is still broken??? Is this normal practice??? Please advice as soon as possible as I am so frustrated and even depressed as I cannot do much and confined to my bed most of the day and its been nearly 2 months now. I still feel sore and numbness especially around my knee area and even tightness - and it hardens when I do my gentle knee exercises the OT recommended. Is this normal??? Also, is it safe to sleep on my side of this broken leg??? I know its early days compared to what others have posted in here, but I am just anxious for a quick fix that I now realise does not happen overnight!
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013