Diabetic, got severe sore throat with earache, cannot swallow, thick white sputum on throat. How to get rid off it?

Got a severe sore throat with earache,cannot swallow and I have very thick white sputum on my throat which I
Cannot get rid off very easily I feel like the sputum suffocates me and I am sort of drooling it started yesterday.
I am diabetic recently diagnosed but I used medication and the sugar is under control most of the time,I am a 56
Year old. Please let me know what is wrong with me?
I would like to mention,for the last three months to four I started to get a very foul smell from my throat and it was there constantly,all the time and I used to do all those home remedy to rid the smell but without avail.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013