Diabetic, getting over head cold, has trouble getting sleep due to cough. Any recommendations?

My 93 year old Mom ( a diebetic) is getting over a head cold . She has trouble sleeping as she keeps coughing due to the post nasal drip . Also, at the end of the day it is very difficult for her to walk (with her walker) as she can barely lift her feet to take a step. Is there anything you can recommend to stop the coughing at night? Is there anything you can recommend (vitamin??) to strenghten her legs at the end of the day??
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013