Diabetic, dose of Glyciphage increased due to varying sugar level. Can I go ahead with pregnancy now ?

Hello Doc, I am 31 F, overweight . I was diagnosed with diabetes in Jan, 2012 ( fasting 111, non fasting with glucose 234). My HbA1C test was 6.3 (May, 2012) and 6.1 (Oct, 2012). My fasting is 88 and random 165(latest). My dose of Glyciphage SR500 is now three times a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner since last 2 weeks. We wish to plan a family. Do you think I should go ahead with pregnancy with these sugar levels. I am on a healthy diet and trying to be active, but there has been no considerable weight loss in the last few months. We are concerned about the safety issue. Pls guide. We don’t mind waiting longer for the levels to improve or have other recourse like adoption.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012