Diabetic dog, blind, has dry and itchy skin. Taking insulin. Solution?

My dog is a 12 year old minature pinscher named Polo. Polo have been diagnosed with diabetes he in taking 13 units of insulin (humulin N) twice a day. Unfortunately, Polo is totally blind and suffers from constantly itching, dry skin , small bumps, loosing small patches of skin, and bites his paws until they are raw. I ve have tryed prescription leave on lotions, shampoos, antiseptic sprays, and antibotics. Sadly, nothing is working. I have done all I can to help him with a better quality of life--please is there anything else I can to stop some of his suffering. I live on a fixed income and I have ran out of options and money.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013