Diabetic, diagnosed with dilated heart, taking Gemer, has low appetite, severe weakness. Suggestion?

My father is 82 years old. He is diabetic patient since 1987. At present he was taking Tripride 2 twice daily with prendial 0.3 thrice daily alongwith Mixtard 30 insulin 26 unit morning and 8 unit night. On 25.11.2012 he got breathing problem in morning and admitted to Hispital. Dignosed that his heart has got dilated. In echo test functioning was 38%. His sugar level is Fastening 200 and PP 300. Doctor has now stppoed Tripride 2 as it may effect heart and started Gemer 2 twice daily for last 8 days. Father is feeling very week, cannot walk even ten steps,get tired and also feels bad to see wheat chapati with vegitables in food. He feels that he will vomitt if he eats the same. He eats fruits well but being diabetic more fruits are not allowed. Please advise for the same.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012