Diabetic child with levels under control, increase in blood glucose after a spoon of honey. Future precautionary measures?

I have my child with the age of 11, have a diabetes type 1 patient, In this week( 5 days) my Child have read the blood glucose below the normal like the reading :59mg/dl, 68.4mg/dl, 54mg/dl, 60mg/dl,65mg/dl, and 63mg/dl, After observing this indicators, I take an action to give a spoon of honey and became increase the blood glucose. But What I want to know If It is happens frequent time what measures to be taken?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013